Monday, March 30, 2020

9. Face Mask. A polyurethane mask with an inside pocket holding a filter

March 30, 2020

I went to the supermarket to buy a water melon.  The cashier at the counter wore a pale pink polyurethane face mask.

"Where did you buy this mask?" I asked her through my black fabric mask.
"I bought it from a shop in Boon Lay."
"Does it have a filter?"

She took off her face mask, put her right hand inside a pocket in the inner surface of the mask.
"There is a white filter stuffed into this pocket."

"How much does it cost?" I was impressed as previous polyurethane face masks I saw had no pocket for filters.

"The mask and filter cost $10.00,"  she said.
"Any sale of a replacement filter?' I asked.
"No," she replied. "I just buy another set when the filter is soiled."
.

No comments:

Post a Comment